Member of the Polish National Network
Landscape full of possibilities. Located in the very centre of the region, at the historic border of the Warmia and Masuria region. The surroundings, rich in diversified landscape, numerous lakes, forests, fields and meadows, create excellent conditions for active recreation and practicing all kinds of tourism. It definitely belongs among modern and prospective towns. Year to year, owing to numerous investments, its image is being changed. Here, tradition is combined with modernity
- St. John the Baptist Church – whose beginnings go back to the establishment of the town; there is a scenic point in the church tower,
- Blessed Karolina Kózkówna Church – The Sanctuary of the Mother of God of Fatima – a former Evangelical Church,
- The Spacious layout of the old town – Medieval, Gothic – there are eight streets leading away from the market square at the right angles: to the north, south, east and west,
- Buildings: The Starosty building from the year 1908 (at present Municipal Offices), The Tilery building from the year 1865 (at present a restaurant), a former hospital from the year 1887 (at present – a Catholic school) and a brewery from the year 1885 (closed).
- Biesowo – a Neo-Gothic church (1911) with a cross-rib vault and stained glass windows, as well as a mill from the 19th century,
- Dadaj – a ribbon lake with an area of 1,000 ha and a municipal beach
- Kobułty Hills – a nature-landscape complex, high moraine hills covered with forest,
- Węgój – Thematic village "Warmińskie Straszydła" [Warmian Frights], a heritage park of farming machines. Each year, Paschal Mysteries are organized here,
- Rasząg – a Neo-Romanesque filial church built of field stone from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Parleza Wielka – a town where the original spatial layout has been preserved,
- Backwater "Łąki Dymerskie"– a complex of boggy meadows overgrown with reed, which turned into marshlands - it is what has remained after the draining of lake Dymer with an area of 250 ha.
Gościniec pod Dębem - Wilimy near Biskupiec – house-keeper's specialty: beetroot soup with spare ribs, nettle soup, pork-neck stuffed with apples and plums, various kinds of pierogis, fish - and particularly perch-pike in vegetables. Home-made bread and cakes baked on site.
Plac Wolności 5c - tel. 0048 89 715 47 42
Off-season – Municipal Office, Niepodległości 2 – phone 0048 89 715 01 26
Elżbieta Samorajczyk - Mayor of Biskupiec
Supervisor Cittaslow Biskupiec – Anna Wójcik-Chłopek