Covenant of Mayors Webinar: The Nearly Zero Energy Challenge for Housing providers and cities
Date: 4 November 2014
Time: 11:30 AM – Brussels Time (testing available from 11:00 onwards)
Across Europe a green building revolution is under way. Germany and Austria, home of the passive house standards, may be leading the process but there is a reassuring pan-European feel to Powerhouse Europe challenge – a project that aims at boosting the number of "nearly zero energy" homes across the continent by sharing ideas and expertise between social housing professionals.
The project has provided several interesting lessons such as how to build and renovate homes at nearly zero energy standards. This webinar will offer participants the opportunity to discuss the key findings of the project.
Another underlying challenge to be discussed is energy security. The European Commission has put this issue high on its agenda and trust the local level for achieving the necessary energy savings that will decrease the dependency on foreign imports. Building retrofitting, although being more a medium to long-term option, will play a key part in reaching those objectives.
Moderator: Julien Dijol, CECODHAS - Housing Europe
“Overcoming divided ownership”, Mrs Anu Sarnet, EKYL, Estonia
“Assessing the cost-optimal level of investments”, Mrs Eva Bauer, GbV, Austria
“Providing appropriate funding”, Mr Steve Cole, NHF, UK
“Train your residents to save energy”, Mrs Eleonora Gaydarova, Union of Homeowners Associations, Bulgaria
This webinar allows you to:
- Listen to and view presentations from experts and fellow Covenant of Mayors stakeholders from the comfort of your own office
- Enjoy a closing Question & Answers session when you will get instant responses to your questions sent through public chat in English
- Get an audio recording of the presentation and download the slides, which will be available shortly in the days following the presentation
All you have to do is:
- Preferably use a cabled internet connection
- Put on a headset
- Register in advance (the virtual meeting room has a maximum capacity of 100 participants).
You will receive a confirmation of your registration, along with the link to access this web-based seminar.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Looking forward to welcoming you online.