Member of the
In the Land of the Great Lakes
A small Masurian town, charmingly located on the isthmus of two lakes: the closed lake Ołów located within the silence zone and Lake Ryńskie which is connected with the Great Masurian Lakes. This location gives you the possibility of starting and finishing a few days sailing through the whole land of the Great Lakes.
- Teutonic Castle from 14th century – in the years 1393 – 1525 it was the headquarters of the Commandry, where one of the first commanders was Friedrich von Wallenrode, the subsequent grand master of the Teutonic Order. After the war, the castle was the headquarters of the municipal office and other institutions. Since 2006 it has functioned as a Congressional-Recreational Centre "Castle Ryn Hotel".
- Dutch windmill from the second half of the 19th century – built in 1873 and reconstructed in the years 1975-1982.
- Water tower from the 19th century – This stands on a hill, within the precincts of the old Evangelical cemetery.
- Evangelical chapel dating back to 1836
- Mill from the 14th – 15th century, presently restored, there is a Gościniec Ryński Młyn hotel here,
- Ryn Museum Collection – in the "Pod imbrykiem" Gallery in the Cultural Centre in Ryn.
- Walking-recreational path at lake Ołów – a beautiful meandering path with a length of 4 km.
- Fortified settlement in the town of Jeziorko – dating back to the early period of the Iron Age, inhabited by the tribes of Galindians.
- Nakomiady – a ceramic manufacturer established at the outset of the 18th century. Nowadays, just like then – replicas of many models of portals and ovens, wall plates, wall tiles and many other ceramic works of art have been hand-made here,
- Sądry – a private ethnographic museum, the "Masurian Hut" – showing equipment used by the Masurians in everyday life and for housekeeping,
- Masurian Museum in Owczarnia – with collections concerning the everyday life of the Masurians in the 19th century as well as the first half of the 20th century.
- Gościniec Ryński Młyn Hotel – meat and fish dishes based on regional recipes,
- Restaurant "Castle Ryn Hotel" – a 4-star but traditional restaurant, belonging to the cultural heritage network
ul. Hanki Sawickiej 1 tel. 0048 87 421 80 61
Józef Karpiński – Mayor of Ryn
Supervisor Cittaslow Ryn – Ewa Bűttner